Q. How do I access the Library's databases?
The following will help you log in to any of the online databases available through the Library. These databases include:
- ACLS Humanities eBook Collection
- Can-Core Academic Video
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Criterion On-Demand
- Ebook Central
- EBSCSOhost (Including EBSCO eBooks, Academic Search Premier, Social Sciences Full Text, Business Source Elite, Regional Business News, APA PsychArticles, Psychology and Behavioural Sciences Collection, ERIC, Education Source, SocIndex, and Masterfile Elite)
- Encyclopedia Britannica
- Encyclopédie Universalis
- Films On Demand
- First Research
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- National Film Board of Canada (NFB) / Office national du film du Canada (ONF)
- Oxford English Dictionary
- Oxford Reference
- ProQuest: Canadian Business and Current Affairs (CBCA)
- ProQuest: Canadian Major Dailies
Logging in to the Library databases
Here are step-by-step instructions for accessing any of the Library's databases:
The Login is Not Working
If you are not able to log in using the above steps, please try the following:
- Clear your browser's recent history. Usually the last 7 days works well. Once you have done that, try logging in again using the above steps.
- Make sure your browser if up-to-date. Older versions of browsers will sometimes not function properly with the logins.
- Try a different browser. Occasionally, certain browsers or browser settings will be incompatible with our login. Switching to a different browser often solves the issue.
The Library's LibChat virtual reference desk is available from Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., though the Library page on the Marianopolis website.
You can also submit a question here. We will respond to you as quickly as possible during business hours.