Q. How do I create an Ebook Central account?
What is an Ebook Central Account?
Your Ebook Central account is a personal account that you can create within the Ebook Central. It lets you annotate any books in the databases, including virtual notes, highlighting, and bookmarking pages, all of which saves the book to a virtual "bookshelf." The account will also allow you to download entire books for up to 21 days, or to download portions of some books permanently as PDFs.
Do I need an Ebook Central account to use the Ebook Central database?
No. Your Ebook Central account is separate from the login credentials for using the Ebook Central database. To find our more about logging into databases, take a look at these step-by-step instructions.
Creating an Ebook Central account.
To create an Ebook Central account, all you need is an email address. Here are the steps:
- Go to the Library page on the Marianopolis website.
- Go down to the "Books and eBooks" section and click on the link to Ebook Central. Log in (for more information, see these step-by-step instructions).
- Once you've logged in to the database, you'll notice a link that says "Sign In" in the menu on the top right side of the screen. Click on it.
- This will take you to a sign in page. On this page, click on the "Create Account" button.
- This will take you to an account creation page. Fill out the form using your name and a personal email address. It can be any kind of email address (gmail, hotmail, etc.), as long as it is valid.
- Create a password. Make sure that it is different from your College computer password or your Omnivox password.
- Click the "Create Account" button.
- If what you entered was valid, you'll receive a confirmation message stating that your account has been created. Click on the "Continue" button.
- You'll now be logged in and ready to use your Ebook Central account.
Once you have created your account, you will be able to highlight, annotate, and bookmark any book, organize them on your virtual "Bookshelf," and download any book for up to 21 days, or download portions of books permanently.
The Library's LibChat virtual reference desk is available from Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., though the Library page on the Marianopolis website.
You can also submit a question here. We will respond to you as quickly as possible during business hours.