Q. How do I create an Artstor account?
What is an Artstor Account?
Your Artstor account is a personal account that you can create within the Artstor database. It allows you to download images, save them to groups, create presentations, and share them with other Artstor users. It will also allow to download and print image groups created by your teachers.
Do I need an Artstor account to use the Artstor database?
No. Your Artstor account is separate from the login credentials for using the Artstor database. To find our more about logging into databases, take a look at these step-by-step instructions.
Do I need a JSTOR account to create an Artstor account?
No. It is possible to use an existing JSTOR account to create an Artstor account, but you do not need to have one. For directions on creating a JSTOR account, see these step-by-step instructions
Creating an Artstor account.
To create an Artstor account, all you need is an email address. Here are the steps:
- Go to the Library page on the Marianopolis website.
- Go down to the "Art and images" section and click on the link to Artstor. Log in (for more information, see these step-by-step instructions).
- Once you've logged in to the database, you'll notice a link that says "Log In" and a link that says "Register" in the menu on the top right side of the screen. Click on the "Register" link.
- This will take you to an account creation page. Fill out the form using your name and a personal email address. It can be any kind of email address (gmail, hotmail, etc.), as long as it is valid. Note: If you already have a JSTOR account, you can use it to create your Artstor account by clicking on the "User your JSTOR account" link and entering your username and password. For directions on creating a JSTOR account, see these step-by-step instructions.
- Create a password. Make sure that it is different from your College computer password or your Omnivox password.
- Click the "Create Account" button.
- If what you entered was valid, you'll receive a confirmation message stating that your account has been created. Click on the "Register" button.
- You'll now be logged in and ready to use your Artstor account.
Once you have created your account, you will be able to download images, save them to groups, create presentations, and share them with other Artstor users. It will also allow to download and print image groups created by your teachers.
The Library's LibChat virtual reference desk is available from Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., though the Library page on the Marianopolis website.
You can also submit a question here. We will respond to you as quickly as possible during business hours.